TikTok has become one of the most popular social media platforms in recent years. With its viral videos and fun challenges, it’s no wonder that many people have turned to the platform to try and make a name for themselves. But one question that many aspiring TikTok creators have is: do you need 10k followers to get paid on TikTok?
The answer to this question is both yes and no. Let’s break it down.
Table of Contents
TikTok’s Creator Fund
In July 2020, TikTok announced the launch of its Creator Fund, which is designed to help support creators on the platform. The Creator Fund is essentially a pool of money that TikTok has set aside to pay creators for their content. The more views and engagement a creator gets, the more money they can potentially earn from the Creator Fund.
So, in theory, you don’t need 10k followers to get paid on TikTok. However, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Firstly, not all creators are eligible for the Creator Fund. In order to be eligible, you need to meet certain criteria, which includes:
– Being 18 years or older
– Having at least 100,000 followers
– Having at least 100,000 video views in the last 30 days
– Meeting TikTok’s community guidelines and terms of service
So, if you don’t have at least 100,000 followers and 100,000 video views in the last 30 days, you won’t be eligible for the Creator Fund.
Secondly, even if you are eligible for the Creator Fund, there’s no guarantee that you’ll actually make money from it. TikTok has set aside a total of $200 million for the Creator Fund, which sounds like a lot of money. However, when you consider that there are over 800 million active TikTok users worldwide, that money doesn’t go very far.
TikTok has said that it plans to distribute the funds based on engagement, so the more views and likes your videos get, the more money you’ll potentially earn. However, there’s no set formula for how much money you’ll get per view or like, so it’s impossible to say exactly how much you could earn from the Creator Fund.
Other Ways to Make Money on TikTok
If you’re not eligible for the Creator Fund or you’re not making much money from it, there are other ways to make money on TikTok. Some of these include:
– Brand partnerships: If you have a large following on TikTok, you may be able to partner with brands to promote their products or services. Brands will often pay creators to create sponsored content that promotes their products to their followers.
– Merchandise sales: If you have a strong personal brand on TikTok, you could consider selling merchandise such as t-shirts, hats, or other products that your followers might be interested in.
– Donations: Some creators on TikTok accept donations from their followers. This is similar to the way that Twitch streamers accept donations from their viewers. If you have a loyal following who enjoys your content, they may be willing to donate money to support you.
– Cross-promotion: If you have a presence on other social media platforms, such as Instagram or YouTube, you could use TikTok to cross-promote your other accounts. This can help you grow your following on those platforms and potentially make money from them.
So, do you need 10k followers to get paid on TikTok? The answer is no, but it’s not quite that simple. While you don’t need 10k followers to be eligible for the Creator Fund, you do need to meet certain criteria, including having at least 100,000 followers and 100,000 video views in the last 30 days. Even if you are eligible for the Creator Fund, there’s no guarantee that you’ll make much money from it, as the funds are distributed based on engagement. However, there are other ways to make money on TikTok, such as through brand partnerships, merchandise sales, donations, and cross-promotion.
on Social Media with RiseKarma™